Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Creepy

So, I sent my mom some flowers from 1800flowers for Mother's Day. Normally, flowers from 1800flowers are not my family's style but I felt guilty when I got a phone call from my mom saying she was looking forward to seeing me and I wasn't planning on coming home.

Anyway, I felt very 'The Net' ordering everything online, but I just got a phone call from my family asking how I'd managed to get a handwritten card mailed from Ludlow! I tried to explain how 1800flowers works, but they insisted that they know my handwriting and it is definitely my handwriting on the card.

Now here's a predicament, I can either admit that I was so impersonal as to send a card that I did not handwrite and admit to my family that they do not, apparently, know what my handwriting looks like. Or, I can lie.

So, I did what anyone would do and sort of mumbled that I didn't know what had happened and trailed off. We left it at that.

I can't wait to see this card.

No comments: