Tuesday, July 17, 2007

ADHD

The other night I went to a dinner party with a bunch of people that I don't know all that well and haven't seen in at least a year, longer for some people. Even though they were all perfectly nice, interesting people, I could not pay attention to a word anyone was saying to save my life. It wasn't for want of trying, I really tried to focus and be engaged in the conversation, but I kept completely zoning out and picking up something to read or looking in the wrong direction without realizing it. Eventually whoever was trying to talk to me would ask me what I was doing, and we would start the cycle all over again.

Focus...randomly start reading something...look up to realize people are staring at you...repeat.

It was a pretty awkward night overall, and that's when I realized how incredibly spoiled I am to have so many close friends in my life who don't really expect me to listen to them when they talk to me. Either I'm really lucky, or I've trained you all well over the years.



Hmmm, three useless posts in one night, I must be procrastinating on my applications or something.

No comments: