Thursday, May 21, 2009

I feel like I just viewed the Matrix

I was a resident camp counselor for a summer in college. One week a little girl who'd spent the whole week crying but suddenly didn't want to leave when it was time to go home asked me what I was going to do after she left. I explained that more campers were coming and that we held a new session every week. Her jaw dropped in shock that camp would go on with or without her. Well, at 25 years old I just had a similar moment of revelation:

I clicked that 'sign into AIM option' in gchat and signed into aim for the first time in almost 4 years.

It Blew My Mind.

I felt like I just opened a porthole to another dimension. There's a whole other world of people who are online at the same time as me that looks sort of like the world that I'm used to, but slightly different. Kind of like the goatee-ed evil people in the mirror universe in South Park.

It was too much for me and I quickly logged back into my comfy gchat dimension. My aim name is a little too uncool to drag into my mid-twenties anyway.


In other news, people still use AIM?

1 comment:

Julie Varughese said...

I'm always amazed people refer to AIM. My AOL name was LunasJewel. My high school friends thought it was so cool. I finally dumped it in 2001, after five years of updating my AOL buddy profile.