Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Awesome conversations I've had this week

Cab Ride Home on Saturday night

Driver: "Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?"

Me: (No big deal, they always ask me this)
"Massachusetts"

Driver: "No, I mean, you know, I mean, you look like you're from somewhere else, you look like arabic or indian."

Me: (Fine)
"Arabic"

Driver: "Where, egypt, Jordan?"

Me: (Usually I lie, but I was surprised that he guessed Jordan)
"Jordan"

Driver: "Well are you a real Jordanian? Cause Jordanian's don't usually have black hair like that."

Me: (Again, surprised at his accuracy)
"Also Filipino"

Driver: "Ah, see? I know a lot of things. Can you imagine, our grandkids and great grandchildren, how awful they'll look?"

Me: (What?)
"What do you mean?"

Driver: "Oh you know, all this mixing, bleh, it will be horrible."

Me: "Well...you know, I'm mixed."

Driver: "I understand that."

No comments: